Markets turn quiet as investors enjoy Christmas break

Started by OZER, Dec 24, 2021, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is what you need to know on Friday, December 24:

After closing the first three days of the week in the negative territory, the US Dollar Index steadied above 96.00 after the data from the US showed that the Core PCE inflation rose at a stronger pace than expected in November. Major financial markets will be closed on Christmas Eve on Friday and no action is expected.

The US Bureau of Economic Analysis reported on Thursday that the Core Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE), the Fed's preferred gauge of inflation, jumped to 4.7% on a yearly basis in November from 4.2%. This reading surpassed the market expectation of 4.5%. Other data from the US revealed that the weekly Initial Jobless Claims remained unchanged at 205K, New Home Sales increased by 12.4% in November and Durable Goods Orders rose by 2.5% in the same period.

EUR/USD fell below 1.1300 in the American session on Thursday but ended up closing the day virtually unchanged at 1.1330. The pair remains on track to register weekly gains.

GBP/USD gathered bullish momentum this week on some positive Brexit headlines and easing worries over additional coronavirus-related restrictions in the UK. The pair is up more than 100 pips since the beginning of the week and seems to have settled above 1.3400.

Gold tested $1,800 with the initial reaction to US inflation data on Thursday but didn't have a difficult time holding above that level. The 10-year US Treasury bond yield came within a touching distance of 1.5% on Thursday. The bond market will also be shut on Christmas Eve.

USD/JPY continues to trade sideways near the monthly high it set at 114.50.

Bitcoin gained nearly 5% and stays afloat above $50,000. Ethereum continues to trade near the upper limit of its 10-day-old range around $4,000.
All content is for education purpose only, not financial advices.

#CoronaClimateWarCalamity #Corona  #Covid-19 #Covid-20 "So the decision makers in different countries must be informed about the statement of the global challenge that I wrote on the 10th Rajab 1441 AH [5th March 2020 AD], titled Corona virus is of the lesser torment short of the greater torment, that perhaps they may repent then, they see the points of challenge with the truth in the statement written on the 10th Rajab 1441 AH [5th March 2020 AD], and I have put in that statement the points of the challenge, I summarise as follows:  1 - It is a global torment from Allah and not just a mere global pandemic.  2 - All doctors will not and cannot know how the Corona virus was formed.  3 - All Doctors will never be able to control it, as how can they control the torment of Allah, Exalted is He?  4 - All Muslim and non-Muslim doctors will never be able to find a cure or a vaccine for it, even if they help and support each other.  5 - They will see from the plotting of the so-called Corona virus that which they had not taken into account.  And the statement in which I have mentioned these points of challenge was published on the 10th Rajab [5th March], at the time when the so-called Corona virus invaded China and Iran only.  As for all the other countries of the world, it shook them with a severe shaking before invading them. And the question that imposes itself is: Did Allah really prove the challenge with the truth of His servant and caliph to be true in reality?  virus] from the Book of Allah, the Great Quran, but I use the name that has been given to it ,Corona virus, only for the sake of the word being searchable in the world wide web ." Imam Nasser Mohammed Al-Yamani  26 - Ramadan- 1441 AH 19 - 05 - 2020 AD 06: 37 PM According to the time of Macca (Mother of towns)And that is for all the decision makers in all countries and their peoples to know that I am speaking with the truth and that the Imam Mahdi Nasser Mohammed Al-Yemeni truly knows from Allah what all mankind do not know. That is because Allah gave me the knowledge of the Book, the Great Quran. And I am not insane, O peoples of the world, to randomly announce from my own mind the points of the challenge before this helplessness of yours, far, far is that from being the truth. I swear by the Lord of the Earth and the Heavens, that I know about this [torment

What about loosing a huge percentage with every transaction? Conversion rates are high. Individuals that they claim to help are paying the most while companies are getting rich with every transaction.

Market aint selling off on no virus its selling off from the mess Wall Street made on this AMC play whole market screwed

Dont see any meaningful upside unless the index corrects to around 4300, im 100% cash now

What's up with the high school band music score of the shows? Was the producer kicked out of the high school band and decided to fulfill his dreams on the  shows? And the annoying metronome on the news take. It is like chineese water torture.

The fact is, BTC is the future of crypto and the questions traders ask themselves now if this is right time to invest? before jumping into conclusion i think you should take a look at things first. for the past few days the price of BTC has been fluctuating which means the market is currently unstable and you cant tell if it is going bearish or bullish. while others still continue to trade without the fear of making lose, others are being patient. it all depends on the pattern with which you trade and also the source of your signals. i would say trading has been going smoothly for me, i started with 3.5 BTC and i have accumulated over 15 BTC in just three weeks, with the trading strategy given to me by expert trader Brice Chapman

Now now gen z is going to be gen z. Obviously they are not going to buy boomer stocks like Disney right

Housing inflation ripples into every business in our nation.    The housing shortage and high cost of living are caused by zoning laws that limit density to protect the wealthy from being impacted by the poor. Supply and demand can't work when government is limiting the supply.

Who else thinks  should get some gold high lights in his hair to get the Rock Star of Stocks look?  ;-)

is in the house!!!! He is the pride and joy of us Asian people.