Forex reserves decline by $160 million to $635.67 billion

Started by OZER, Dec 24, 2021, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The country's foreign exchange reserves declined by USD 160 million to stand at USD 635.667 billion in the week to December 17, RBI data showed on Friday.

In the previous week ended December 10, the reserves had decreased by USD 77 million to USD 635.828 billion. It touched a lifetime high of USD 642.453 billion in the week ended September 3, 2021.

During the reporting week ended December 17, the dip in the forex kitty was on account of a decline in foreign currency assets (FCAs), a major component of the overall reserves.

FCAs tumbled by USD 645 million to USD 572.216 billion, weekly data released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) showed.

Expressed in dollar terms, the foreign currency assets include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen held in the foreign exchange reserves.

Gold reserves rose by USD 475 million to USD 39.183 billion in the reporting week.

The special drawing rights (SDRs) with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) remained unchanged at USD 19.089 billion.

The country's reserve position with the IMF increased by USD 9 million to USD 5.179 billion in the reporting week, as per the data.

All content is for education purpose only, not financial advices.

Lol it not a bubble when people are all in the game instead of just the wall street guy BUT IT WALL STREET BETS   DOGECOIN AND CROCOIN

lmao... yeah... everybody sitting around the office with graduate degrees with no1 to do their work for them

Bubble or Bubbles was mentioned 31 times in this vidicle.

I will not be buying much of anything but what I need to survive and save save save

Not one mention of the Fed's balance sheet or total money supply

Less in  nation Asia facilites naw Subject helth citizen ship officer with advnatge naw facilites advnatge educatioan safty needs business small requieast to massanger

my god would you even explain how the short squeezes came to be and more importantly WHY it was possible you greedy bunch - you guys are media terrorists this is not information

I don't think liberals understand how the economy works.

If you have any savings they should be in a deflationary asset like etherium that also has amazing growth and utility and a blindingly bright future outlook.

Great discussion on cryptos fantastic questions and answers, will anything change.... no, America will continue to lag behind

Don't worry guys, they said it's transitory... also the Vax is perfectly safe.

Feds goals of price stability and full employment are contradictory. Expansionary monetary policy impacts asset prices more than the labor market.