Aeroflot sells special shares in order to be able to buy planes

Started by OZER, Jun 08, 2022, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian state-owned airline Aeroflot, which faces heavy pressure from Western sanctions and airspace bans, is planning an emergency sale of shares to raise $ 3 billion.

Aeroflot, which is controlled by the Russian state, announced that its shareholders at its annual meeting approved the issue of 5.42 billion new shares, which can be bought at a price of 34.29 rubles (0.52 euros). each, in a pre-registration process for their disposal.

The airline plans to order 300 aircraft from United Aircraft Corporation, the majority of which is owned by Rostec, the Russian aerospace and defense consortium, according to the business newspaper Vedomosti.

The paper cites two sources as saying that Aeroflot is considering purchasing the MS-21 short-haul aircraft, also known as the MC-21, with a capacity of more than 200 passengers. This aircraft is expected to enter active service this year.

Aeroflot also wants to acquire the Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft, which is the main passenger aircraft manufactured in Russia, with a capacity of about 100 passengers. An order for a smaller number of aircraft will be made for Tupolev's Tu-214, which can carry around 200 passengers, according to the Russian airline.

With passenger numbers still at 1/3 the level of passenger traffic before the pandemic, Aeroflot was then faced with the consequences of Western sanctions.

The European Union, the United States, Britain and Canada have closed their airspace to Russian passenger aircraft, cutting off Aeroflot from profitable flights to Western markets.

Airbus and Boeing numbered only ten of the 187 Aeroflot aircraft at the beginning of 2022, while they have stopped supplying spare parts and technical support to Russian airlines.

Reacting, Aeroflot focuses on the non-payment of dividends from its profits for 2021, while it did not proceed with the publication of its financial result for the current year, so as not to reveal the damage it has suffered from the application of Western sanctions.

All content is for education purpose only, not financial advices.

Most times it amazes me greatly the way I moved from an average lifestyle to earning over 63k per month, utter shock is the word. I have understood a lot in the past few years to doubt that opportunities abound in the financial markets, The only thing is to know where to focus.

Just saw that inflation just reached 6.8% (the highest in 39 years). If Jpow doesn't stop with his printer, inflation in 2022 could be wild af

2. DOJ Garland is afraid of what might happen to himself

Funny how nobody mentioned "stealing" as an equivalent of gambling in bubbles. Commoners blame Wall Street for this speculative behavior, yet copy them...

No govt in the world can control inflation permanently unless they design people friendly policy prioritising public welfare instead of indulging too much on corporate giants as has been doing since decades. Unfortunately, all global leaders (so called) have turned themselves into slave  (may be puppet) of business magnets which is due to lack of statesmanship in their character. Needless to say that the benefits (legal and financial) offered to corporate houses as compared to common people in most of the countries shows incapability of policymakers to nullify social and economic disparity. At the end, the emphasis developed nations are giving in arms trade to generate revenue and security from other nations will put them under unmanageable socioeconomic disaster unless they change their mindset towards real wellbeing of common mass who elected them imposing tightest possible restrictions and vigilance on all corporate bodies.

Holy banana splits batman!!! The comment section is full of bots talking to each other about how they make money following the same people! Don#39t fall for it

cut your credit cards, stop using your stupid phone and these guys will wither....we are run by criminals and biden is a criminal, just like all these presidents are.  and it will continue.  Ignorance is not bliss.

Ford add 6,000 more employees , Tesla cut 10% of it work force???..... I sold alls my Tesla   Right now & wait for Tesla get down to about $300 fair values to buy back.

Elon is telling you what you already know, but that is a different thing than the stock market.  In theory the stock market anticipates 6 months to 18 months into the future, so when you are worried about the economy now, you might be missing out on the the stocks recovering as the bad news plateaus.  Still, there are a lot of people working and getting jobs, look at the recent job report, so someone is doing ok or well, even in high inflationary times.  So he is laying off people, I'm not sure if that is in China or US, I bet more in China,  but isn't there demand for his high end cars?  So is laying off 6000 people a hedge, because he might not hit next quarters numbers, which would be unfortunate for the people he is laying off?  I would like to know more about this lay off he wants.  It is also a good possibility, he might be losing market share as well from the other auto manufacturers that are catching up.