Argo Blockchain among most traded stocks by Fidelity customers

Started by OZER, Dec 24, 2021, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Financial services company Fidelity Investments' U.K. arm reported that over the last 12 months, customers were most interested in trading shares of crypto mining firm Argo Blockchain.

In a Thursday report, Fidelity said Argo Blockchain ranked third among the top five stocks most actively traded by its customers in 2021 — the others were Rolls-Royce, British Airways owner International Consolidated Airlines, oil giant BP and Lloyds Banking Group. Argo, which Fidelity described as a "trending" stock, also ranked third among stocks traded by Self-Invested Personal Pension, or SIPP, investors.

However, the financial services company hinted that Argo may not make the top five next year. According to Fidelity, "new arrivals" knocked the mining firm off the list of most actively traded stocks in December, including COVID-19 test manufacturer Genedrive, fast-fashion retailer Boohoo Group and engineering firm Smiths Group.

One of the first crypto mining firms to be listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2018, Argo Blockchain has steadily expanded its operations. Argo became more accessible to U.S. investors through a public listing on the Nasdaq in September. In addition, the firm is currently constructing a facility on a 320-acre land plot in West Texas, aiming for "access to up to 800 [megawatts] of electrical power" to mine Bitcoin (BTC) and other cryptocurrencies.

According to data from its website, Argo's facilities in North America are currently using 45 MW of electricity to generate more than 1.6 exahashes per second of Bitcoin. As of the end of November, the company reported it had generated 1,831 BTC and held 2,317 Bitcoin or "Bitcoin Equivalent" — roughly $93 million and $118 million at the time of publication, respectively.

Related: Argo Blockchain mines record 597 BTC during Q3 2021

Shares of Argo are currently trading on the London Stock Exchange at a price of $130.10, having fallen more than 65% since reaching an all-time high of $380.96 in February.

All content is for education purpose only, not financial advices.

Don't worry guys, they said it's transitory... also the Vax is perfectly safe.

How is it that CEO's can keep sending their own pay to the moon isn't brought up when talking of price increases, but paying a living wage to employees will cause inflation and the end of the economy?

military chopper crashes in Jalgaon; Pilot dead, co-pilot injured

Investing has never been so mainstream, the money has to go somewhere right?

Inflation was always there, it was just hidden with low cost goods.  Try comparing a Lawnmower from the 70s that was proudly made in America to one that is created today made cheaply in China. The older Lawn mower is built to last where as the one made today would break in a couple of years (by design so customer has to buy a new one).  This is how China has become a super power because to hide inflation the super rich in democratic countries in the world, outsourced labor to China to make cheaper goods.  It is all so the super rich dont have to pay much for workers.  Keep goods and services cost low, keep pay low, keep taxes low. If anything disrupts this mantra, it would result in less money for the super rich.  Now that China has become so powerful that they can now start charging more for their goods, it means the super rich of the democratic countries that used China for cheap labor has no choice but to pass the cost on to their working class.  Its also the reason for the trade war with China, and moving cheap labor to South East Asia, war torn countries like Pakistan, or slave like labor (Blood Diamond like operations) in Africa.     Inflation exists because of greed.  Greed is not going anywhere.

<The prices of BTC, ETH, and DOGE have collapsed in recent months, but they've recently started to recover. Right now can be a smart time to invest, but it's important to buy for the right reasons. Choosing the right investment strategy can reduce your risk and make the most of your money. If you missed out on the last crypnewbies who are curious to learn how to earn by trading crypto. and he can easily be reached on Telegram @travishoium. Make trades with a calculated approach to mitigate risk !!!to incidents, it may be tempting to invest in cryptocurrency now to take advantage of this rebound. But there's no guarantee that prices will return to their record-shattering highs, that is why it is always reasonable to trade with the guidance of an expert trader, I bought BTC for the first over a year ago now and I have been able to make 16BTC not by trading on my own but by following the advise and accurate signals from travis hoium Trading signals and strategy. A renowned trader that is always one step ahead, travis  hoium runs program for investor

After listening to this segment, most of these economists do not believe in themselves and their monetary policies. Just leave the FED alone, they can fix our economy. Why do you think they created the FED back in 1913? To solve and prevent problem such as the Great Depression like in 1910. The FED knows what they are doing.

I respect your work mate. TA i's all well and good but i find it truly baffling that all major crypto rs just look at pure TA and completely ignore the bigger narrative of why BTC is pumping and why the future outlook might not be as rosy as it seems. It's kinda Irresponsible to ignore the fact that each ETF launch so far has caused a major dump at the peaks of BTC. We were already on shaky footing with historically low volume and almost pure whale pumps, narrowly avoiding a long-term bear market. This is the worst possible time in history to invest as so many don't back up their crypto assets.

It's not a strong economy,it's all fed by money printing ,not production of goods and services. is impressed with Modamid. he's on all the time. I'm not impressed at all.!!