Turkey suspends stock trading, France makes vaccination compulsory for restauran

Started by OZER, Dec 20, 2021, 12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biden said that the administration is "closely monitoring" inflation. Safe to say NO, the govt cannot control inflation.

Just saw that inflation just reached 6.8% (the highest in 39 years). If Jpow doesn't stop with his printer, inflation in 2022 could be wild af

We are all screwed for years to come no matter how much you own. We are all in debt for a long time. Expect your taxes and rents to stay up ⬆️ for years while average wage struggle to keep up. Way to go Powell!!! Poor get poorer and the gap between the rich and poor to widen and poverty to get worse This will be worse than 2008.. god bless us all

You want to control inflation? Turn off the presses and let 50% be absorbed into the economy.

hey guys remember when you wanted minimum wage to be 15 bucks an hour? remember when we all warned you prices would go up? now look at you... so many people complaining about inflation... you got what you asked for...  when you make more money... that money doesn't just poof out of no were... it has to be earned because companies are already paying out in labor typically close to their max allowed budget that still allows just enough for a good profit for that store.

They're talking about run-of-the-mill inflation driven by wage-price spirals, and saying that's how you get an inflationary spiral. In my mind, that's not the only way. We have a fiat currency and it's value is really derived from people's faith in it's value. You can print money and encourage borrowing etc, but much like stock market bubbles, there is a tipping point in there when all the feedbacks turn from negative to positive.  Normally, you hold money, it holds it's value, there's no real push to gain or spend it. If you think inflation is going to increase, it now becomes a hot potato that you want to spend as soon as you get it. You do this by buying useful assets like houses, land, food, things you need. When everyone does this it drives up the price, which would normally dampen demand, but if the expectation that money will continue losing value and the price will only increase, then the price doesn't matter anymore. Sellers can ask arbitrarily high prices. But who's going to sell into this and accept that money? Thus supply goes down at the same time demand goes up, further exacerbating the situation.  The government has been pumping new money into the economy to try and stimulate it, yet velocity stays low. Who needs to spend all that money under normal circumstances? But what happens when it all starts losing value? All that "cold" money suddenly turns hot, and the *effective* money supply suddenly increases. Meanwhile, everyone is also incentivized to borrow as much as possible to "short" the currency, further increasing the supply. But who wants to lend into this? The credit market slows, and the government steps in as "lender of last resort" again....using printed money.  Meanwhile, the massive amounts of money tied up in the stock market suddenly need a new home. I mean, who wants to hold a stock when all you can get out of it is increasingly worthless money. You paper gains are impressive, but it's only a reflection of the fact your asset is losing value, because the only value it has is denominated in dollars (rather than any kind of tangible use).  I mean it goes on and on. Wage-price spirals may be a part of 'normal' inflation but they don't really play into hyperinflation.

My concerns band questions are as follows. Can crypto currency be used to purchase items at a yard sale? Can it be used at the strip bar, can it be used to buy nuclear armaments? Can it be used to support failing enterprises domestically or abroad?  Is it fractionally reserved bankable, can the thousand day interest method be applied towards it?  Does it honor the founding fathers? How easy or difficult is it to counterfeit? Is it FDIC insured? What backs it, could it be taken to a bank and exchanged for an  IRA contribution? Does it cost money to use like some debit cards and credit cards? How difficult would it be to loan one of a crypto currency carriers friends or relatives twenty dollars if a situation arised? Could it be used to donate to charities? What about campaign contributions?

Well the usd hasn't actually met real inflation as global players keep on purchasing the USD, the current inflation we're seeing right now is purely artificial. Exchange rates haven't changed much. Prices of actual commodities still are purchased in usd, until the global economy ceases to subsidize this ponzei scheme, the fed will keep on printing.

I respect your work mate. TA i's all well and good but i find it truly baffling that all major crypto rs just look at pure TA and completely ignore the bigger narrative of why BTC is pumping and why the future outlook might not be as rosy as it seems. It's kinda Irresponsible to ignore the fact that each ETF launch so far has caused a major dump at the peaks of BTC. We were already on shaky footing with historically low volume and almost pure whale pumps, narrowly avoiding a long-term bear market. This is the worst possible time in history to invest as so many don't back up their crypto assets.