Forex Today: Get ready to rock with the highly anticipated Fed decision

Started by OZER, Dec 14, 2021, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
People aren't suddenly spending a larger percentage of their wages on new stuff. This is a lie that media and this administration are trying to use.

Pretty dishonest reporting when you state that a stock's dip is based on its high while showing a chart that shows it's value trading way higher year on year. Maybe get rid of the graph to help you seem more credible.

The startup bubble is one that is going to explode big time soon. There are companies we don't even know of yet that are worthless.

Yes it can be stopped, just abolish the central bank Or set a Constitutional Amendment spending limit

Here is how I deal with inflation, I raise my prices on the stuff I sell. Done

They're talking about run-of-the-mill inflation driven by wage-price spirals, and saying that's how you get an inflationary spiral. In my mind, that's not the only way. We have a fiat currency and it's value is really derived from people's faith in it's value. You can print money and encourage borrowing etc, but much like stock market bubbles, there is a tipping point in there when all the feedbacks turn from negative to positive.  Normally, you hold money, it holds it's value, there's no real push to gain or spend it. If you think inflation is going to increase, it now becomes a hot potato that you want to spend as soon as you get it. You do this by buying useful assets like houses, land, food, things you need. When everyone does this it drives up the price, which would normally dampen demand, but if the expectation that money will continue losing value and the price will only increase, then the price doesn't matter anymore. Sellers can ask arbitrarily high prices. But who's going to sell into this and accept that money? Thus supply goes down at the same time demand goes up, further exacerbating the situation.  The government has been pumping new money into the economy to try and stimulate it, yet velocity stays low. Who needs to spend all that money under normal circumstances? But what happens when it all starts losing value? All that "cold" money suddenly turns hot, and the *effective* money supply suddenly increases. Meanwhile, everyone is also incentivized to borrow as much as possible to "short" the currency, further increasing the supply. But who wants to lend into this? The credit market slows, and the government steps in as "lender of last resort" again....using printed money.  Meanwhile, the massive amounts of money tied up in the stock market suddenly need a new home. I mean, who wants to hold a stock when all you can get out of it is increasingly worthless money. You paper gains are impressive, but it's only a reflection of the fact your asset is losing value, because the only value it has is denominated in dollars (rather than any kind of tangible use).  I mean it goes on and on. Wage-price spirals may be a part of 'normal' inflation but they don't really play into hyperinflation.

Bit coin just makes inflation  worst taken liquidity out of the market and forcing the fed to print more money till we get 3 rd world  economy

Why until now you have realize that your exaggeration of outsourcing in China is the main cause of inflation. You need to generate jobs and production locally.  Too much advance thinking ha, go back to basic.

would be curious to see what decisions an AI based system, free from political bias, would make at each of these inflection points.  perhaps someone is already running an AI-based model in parallel with the current one.  would be nice if  would feature these results along side the decisions made by the established institutions.  realistically, monetary policy and interest rates eventually need to be managed by an AI system as this kind of 'thinking' is right up their alley.  the system could be managed by a bipartisan (or tripartisan, if there's ever a third party) committee.  rule or target updates would occur on a schedule that is deemed practical or pragmatic by all parties.

You can stop the inflation by doimg a world order no one will increase price any kind of product on the market as in all no one can tell fhey short there profit imagine if u didnt put attention on this problem on the year 2300 the one brand new car is worth 1million the years come by the price of all producr will be increasing non stop the value of the money will become worthless.all the business are takimg all there looses on there customer look the slow moving items example they can get 5$ they will sell it for 40$ to cover there ass for the slow days and for no sales on this particular day they all took from the customer why they didnt find ways on thete own way or you can put price what ever u want it if they put law on pricing like 10% of the total value of there product if 50$ it will become 60$ on any kind of product from food to vehicle all the same percentage example on vehicle 12k the 10:% is 1,200 thats the dealership they will get