Why is crypto down today? Cryptocurrency market price drop - Bitcoin, Ethereum,

Started by OZER, Dec 20, 2021, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
bruh btcs value isnt from its utility. its a modern immutable store of value

My homeboy apartment complex just increased his rent by over $400..wages are up 3% but inflation is at 6%

Holy Moly Gamestop!   If I had a 1,912% increase in my subscribers in less than 30 days, I'd go from 600 to 12,072!

NO!  How other than stop printing money and wasting money on unproductive military expenditures?

Easy take $17t in wealth tax and tax evasion, and pay back fed. This removes $17t from economy and from those who either need it nor allocate it well.

They're talking about run-of-the-mill inflation driven by wage-price spirals, and saying that's how you get an inflationary spiral. In my mind, that's not the only way. We have a fiat currency and it's value is really derived from people's faith in it's value. You can print money and encourage borrowing etc, but much like stock market bubbles, there is a tipping point in there when all the feedbacks turn from negative to positive.  Normally, you hold money, it holds it's value, there's no real push to gain or spend it. If you think inflation is going to increase, it now becomes a hot potato that you want to spend as soon as you get it. You do this by buying useful assets like houses, land, food, things you need. When everyone does this it drives up the price, which would normally dampen demand, but if the expectation that money will continue losing value and the price will only increase, then the price doesn't matter anymore. Sellers can ask arbitrarily high prices. But who's going to sell into this and accept that money? Thus supply goes down at the same time demand goes up, further exacerbating the situation.  The government has been pumping new money into the economy to try and stimulate it, yet velocity stays low. Who needs to spend all that money under normal circumstances? But what happens when it all starts losing value? All that "cold" money suddenly turns hot, and the *effective* money supply suddenly increases. Meanwhile, everyone is also incentivized to borrow as much as possible to "short" the currency, further increasing the supply. But who wants to lend into this? The credit market slows, and the government steps in as "lender of last resort" again....using printed money.  Meanwhile, the massive amounts of money tied up in the stock market suddenly need a new home. I mean, who wants to hold a stock when all you can get out of it is increasingly worthless money. You paper gains are impressive, but it's only a reflection of the fact your asset is losing value, because the only value it has is denominated in dollars (rather than any kind of tangible use).  I mean it goes on and on. Wage-price spirals may be a part of 'normal' inflation but they don't really play into hyperinflation.

The argument that if prices inflate, then workers will ask for pay increases and owner will have to increase prices. Well, that's part fiction and an ideal scenario. The fact that wages don't increase with inflation for decades and some companies are forced to keep prices competitive and low compared to larger companies what have better economies of scale, it basically widens the wealth gap by making smaller businesses less competitive and workers buying power decrease over time. Let's not forget that companies only have an incentive to increase wages with inflation for top talent, and no incentive to do so for the rest of their workforce as the others are simply expendable. Economic theory is not reality. Economic Theory works better when there are Unions that fight on employee behalf to ensure everyone gets a fair wage.

TSLA is deeply undervalued if it can get AV to work. The professional driving industry in the US alone, annually, is worth nearly $1T USD.

From the clip: There is no way the Fed can help and it will all depend on Congress.  Me: Alrighty, time to die.

Lock downs wiped out savings as people dipped into funds just to survive. New taxes, Inflation and regulations wiping out home ownership. Welcome to Feudal America.